Until the moment of direct embryo transfer, there is the possibility of conducting preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), as a result of which only healthy embryos are transferred to the mother’s body, without genetic mutations and hereditary genetic diseases.
It may be: It may be:
- Disruption of ovulation caused by diseases of the endocrine system.
- Chronic diseases of the reproductive organs, including changes caused by endometriosis.
- Obstruction or absence of fallopian tubes
- Premature or age-related depletion of the ovaries, which does not allow conceiving a child.
- Tubal infertility, which progressed because the patient was not operated on time.
- Infertility of unknown origin, as well as the ineffectiveness of other reproductive technologies.
IVF is also recommended when doctors cannot determine the causes of infertility, but with exemplary tests and good health, the patient cannot conceive and bear the child.
This reproductive technology has contraindications. First of all, these are any factors that threaten the life of the mother and child during pregnancy: acute and chronic diseases, inflammatory processes, especially affecting the pelvic organs.
However, if desired, these contraindications can be circumvented by using the help of a surrogate mother. No matter if another woman carry and give birth to a child, genetically it will be only your baby. Doctors will take germ cells of you and your husband and will fertilize in the laboratory. But for further fetation, the embryo will be transferred into the body of a surrogate, rather than a mother.
Before the start of the cycle, both partners undergo medical tests. Laboratory tests determine if there are contraindications to the procedure. But this is not the only task that medical examinations and inspections solve. They are needed for doctors to get a complete, objective picture of the health of the spouses.
Expecting mother undergoes:
- Blood tests: blood group and Rh factor, HIV, hepatitis B and C, RW.
- Clinical and biochemical blood tests.
- Tests of sex hormones and thyroid gland.
- gynecological exam
- A swab from the urethra and cervical canal, vaginal cleanliness test.
- Cytology of cervix uteri and cervical canal swabs.
- pelvic ultrasound
- timed endometrial biopsy
- Testing of the fallopian tubes.
- Screening for antisperm and antiphospholipid antibodies, hidden genital infections, rubella and toxoplasmosis.
If the expecting mother is older than 35 years old, and she has health problems, even if they do not affect pregnancy, she will be additionally referred to other narrow specialists. Consider that you pass some tests once, but some tests will have to be done two or three times before treatment. This is due to the fact that the results of a series of tests are valid for a month or three months, and then require confirmation.
The future father undergoes fewer tests:
- Blood tests: blood group and Rh factor, HIV, hepatitis B and C, RW.
- Screening for hidden genital infections, cytomegalovirus, HSV.
- Andrological inspection.
If a man is older than 35 years old, in addition to the basic list of tests, he should also consult with a geneticist. In our clinic, you can take all the necessary tests before treatment, as well as get expert advice: the future father is from an andrologist and genetics, the future mother is from a gynecologist and endocrinologist.
Analyzes and training. Sign up for an initial consultation with the REMEDI fertility specialist - the doctor will collect anamnesis, determine the causes of infertility, give directions to other narrow specialists and prescribe tests. Come, even if you have already done IVF and you cannot get pregnant. We use advanced technology, tracking discoveries and innovations in the field of reproductive treatment. Our doctors will prepare future parents for the next stage of IVF.
stimulation of ovulation Mom will receive a list of drugs and detailed instructions on how to take them. These drugs will stimulate ovulation, that is, the maturation of germ cells. The doctor controls the process of follicle maturation in order to take several eggs in time to work with them in the laboratory. At this time, the patient must constantly undergo examinations, so our clinic offers assistance in finding a comfortable place to stay for nonresident patients.
Sampling of germ cells. When the ovum are ready for fertilization, doctors perform a simple operation: take the germ cells for further work with them outside the woman’s body. This procedure is painless for the patient because it is performed under general anesthesia. The resulting cells are placed in a special container with a nutrient medium simulating natural conditions.
embryo culture. Ovum fertilization is done either by the method of insemination, or by conducting ICSI. Fertilized ovum (embryos) are cultivated in special environments in an incubator for up to 5 days of development.
embryo transfer Embryo transfer is performed on an outpatient basis; it is a painless procedure that does not require anesthesia. Usually transfer no more than 2 embryos, moreover, we recommend to give preference to the transfer of 1 embryo in order to reduce the risk of multiple pregnancy. Embryos resulting from IVF can be frozen (cryopreserved) for subsequent delayed use.
Monitoring and support of IVF pregnancy. When a pregnancy occurs in the first trimester, patients receive hormonal maintenance therapy. 2 and 3 trimester of pregnancy with patients after IVF proceeds in the same way as naturally occurring pregnancies. After IVF spontaneous delivery is possible - it all depends on the specific obstetric situation.
The advantages of our clinic:
- Highly skilled reproductive physicians and embryologists.
- Individual schemes of ovulation stimulation.
- Modern highly effective embryological laboratory.
- Own cryostorage - the bank of donor sperm and oocytes.
- Genetic diagnosis, including PGD.
- The equipment of the highest class.
- Individually designed ventilation system in the embryology laboratory.
- Individual incubators for successful embryo culture.
- Ultramodern means and expendables.
- Comfortable conditions of staying in the clinic, individual chambers.
The Institute of Reproductive Medicine REMEDI gives couples the opportunity to acquire a child, even if you have already tried all the methods and they did not produce results. Our clinic helps patients to become happy parents, provides psychological and physical comfort. The Institute operates a clinic - it has all the narrow specialists who are needed while preparing for the cycle. We have a modern laboratory where you pass all the tests. Our doctors are always tactful and polite, they explain the meaning of all the manipulations.
Entering the door of our clinic, you will not feel the “hospital” atmosphere unpleasant to many people. We organized rooms and waiting areas so that patients feel comfortable and calm, because the psychological mood of parents also affects the results of treatment, as well as physical condition.
Sign up for a consultation online or by phone!